Friday, June 1, 2018

How to Resist the Temptation to Have an Affair

How to Resist the Temptation to Have an Affair

By Hemu

In this society where evil is admired, there are various temptations surrounding us each at every hand, such as money, extramarital affair, and so on. They bring endless suffering and trouble upon us, me included. When I was in great agony after I divorced my husband, a married man walked into my life
and his tender care and consideration was a great temptation to me. It was God’s words that led me to see through Satan’s scheme and kept me …
Speaking of this man, he was my best friend’s husband. After my divorce, my son and daughter-in-law worked away from home, and I stayed at home looking after their two-year-old daughter alone. When my friend saw that I had difficulty doing some heavy work, she asked her husband to help me. One day, this man took his working tools to my house and said to me smilingly, “Your backyard wall needs to be mended since it has collapsed for so long a time. I happen to be off work today, so I came to help you with it. It’s not quite easy for you alone to take care of this family. Just tell me when you need help and I’ll do what I can for you.” His caring words immediately touched my heart, for ever since my husband cheated on me, I had never heard such caring words. My ex-husband not only was indifferent to the family affairs but ate, drank, gambled, had fun, and womanized outside. However, this man was different. He didn’t smoke, drink, or gamble; he was diligent and handled everything both inside and outside of his house quite well. The villagers all said that my friend was blessed with him, and that few men were as good as him. Sometimes I would also think: If only I could meet a man like him and build a happy family! The moment I thought of this, my heart would jump violently.
But I knew he was a man of a family. His wife, my best friend, trusted in me and cared for me greatly. Especially when she saw I was betrayed by my conscienceless husband, she sympathized with me and was nice to me. How could I have such an improper desire for her husband? If I were with her husband, wouldn’t I be the other woman? This betrayed my morals. How could I face her then? Most importantly, I’m a believer in God and this is committing adultery, which is what God disgusts most. As I thought, I felt afraid. Immediately I came before God to pray to Him and asked Him to keep my heart.
Later on, I saw God’s words say, “Many people will kneel down for mercy and forgiveness because the seven thunders peal. But this will no longer be the Age of Grace: It will be the time for wrath. As for all people who do evil (those who fornicate, or deal in dirty money, or have unclear boundaries between men and women, or who interrupt or damage My management, or whose spirits are blocked, or who are possessed by the evil spirits, and so on—all except My elect), none of them will be let off, nor any pardoned, but all will be cast down to Hades and perish forever!” God’s stern words made me see His righteous disposition tolerant of no offense; God hates man’s evil and corruption, detests man’s evil lusts, and more than that, He detests man’s committing fornication. As a believer in God, I was controlled by those filthy and evil thoughts all day long and was always trapped by lust; how could I possess the likeness that a Christian should have? If I tore apart others’ family for my momentary lust caused by the flesh, this was not only something immoral but further something that offended God’s disposition. When I thought of this, I was a little scared and was much thankful to God for His timely enlightenment and guidance that allowed me to realize the seriousness of this matter. A thousand thanks to God! And I made a resolution before God: I will not have improper desire for him or much contact with him. But I know my stature is too small. May You protect me so that I can refuse his temptation.
After that, I consciously estranged myself from him, and I didn’t talk too much to him. Once, he told my granddaughter that he had something delicious to eat and then took her to his home. I wanted to fetch her and I knew it was inappropriate for me to do so alone since his wife wasn’t at home that day. But I also wanted to see him and listen to him speak words of concern. I was struggling hard in my heart at that moment. Then I silently prayed to God, “God, I’m disturbed a lot. Please keep my heart and give me strength, so that I can defeat this temptation and won’t do anything short of integrity or dignity.”
I returned straight home to open the book of God’s words and I saw God’s words say, “With a humanity such as this, parading about and revealing your flesh, always living amid the lust of the flesh, are you not a descendant of filthy demons and evil spirits? I will not allow such a filthy demon to remain for long! … I loathe those among you who practice witchcraft medicine and engage in sorcery, I loathe young men and women among you who love their own flesh. You’d best restrain yourselves, for today I ask that you possess normal humanity, not that you flaunt your lust. You always take any chance you can, for your flesh is too plentiful, and your lust too great!” God’s words incisively revealed my true state, making me ashamed and humiliated. Why did I still want to utilize this opportunity to see him? It was just because I was dominated by my evil disposition, hoping in this way to satisfy my evil lust. How shameless I was! He was a married man, and I’m a Christian. I should absolutely not lose morality and do such a thing that dishonored God’s name. When I thought of this, I couldn’t help hating myself for being so evil. So, I came before God to repent and confess. Then I gave up the idea of fetching my granddaughter from his home, and quieted myself to read God’s words with earnest.
One day, I put the quilts out to sun them. Since there was no enough space for them all in my courtyard, I took some of them to his backyard. When I was airing them, he secretly came near to hug me before I realized it. At his lewd expression, I gasped with some fright. Quickly I pushed him away and rebuked him with a long face, “You are so old. Yet how can you do such a shameful thing?” He said in a bantering tone, “I like you very much.” Ignoring him, I immediately went away.
Several days later, at about eleven o’clock p.m. when I had already turned off the light and gone to sleep, I faintly heard that someone was rapping at my back door. I listened attentively and found it was that man. While knocking at my door, he asked me to open it, saying that he had something to give me. All at once, I was too much frightened to make a sound. I thought: Your wife isn’t at home today, and you came so late to give me something. You must have improper desire for me. At the moment, I was on tenterhooks. All that I could do was pray to God, “God, this matter I’m encountering now is a great temptation to me. I don’t know what to do. Please keep my heart so that I won’t fall into Satan’s scheme.” After praying, I was reminded that God detests most us humans committing fornication. So I must alienate myself from him to avoid offending God’s disposition, and in no way should I open the door for him. He gave another several knocks at the door. Seeing that I still hadn’t opened it, he furiously complained and abused me, while I pretended to have slept. Later, aware that I paid him no mind, he swore and left.
Only at this moment did I heave a sigh of relief. Thinking back to his concern and care for me before and comparing that with his behavior just now, I really didn’t expect that he should have done such a thing. Then I thought of God’s words, “So were you able to see Satan’s intentions? Were you able to see the purpose behind what it said? Were you able to see its plot and its cunning scheme? (No.) What kind of disposition is represented by Satan’s way of speaking? What kind of essence have you seen in Satan through these words? (Evil.) Evil. Is it insidious? Perhaps on the surface it smiles at you or reveals no expression whatsoever. But in its heart it is calculating how to reach its objective, and it is this objective that you are unable to see. You are then seduced by all the promises it gives you, all the advantages it talks about. You see them as good…. When this happens, does man not then become a submissive prisoner?(Yes.) So is this means used by Satan not diabolical? You allow yourself to sink low.” Pondering God’s words, I recalled the scenes where I contacted this man: When my suffering from divorcing my ex-husband was at its worst, he appeared with the image of tenderly caring for me, saying sweet words to care about me, and sharing my household work to attend to me. Not until now do I see clearly that all this he did was not out of a true heart; he had a hidden objective to achieve—tempting me to commit an immoral act and dishonor God’s name, making me betray God, and falling into the abyss of sin. I couldn’t help remembering: There was a married woman in my village who gave way to temptation and had an affair. Later, her lover’s wife knew about it, and went to her home to beat and abuse her. It caused a great sensation. Having lost face, the woman passed every day in agony and even wanted to hang herself. … Thinking of her experience, I really thanked God for having kept me, so that I could say no to extramarital affair, without dishonoring God’s name. After seeing through this man’s true colors, I never associated with him afterward.
This experience made me think of God’s words that said, “All of you live in a place of sin and licentiousness; you are all licentious and sinful people. … As you do not know how to lead a life or how to live, and you live in this licentious and sinful place and are licentious and filthy devils, He does not have the heart to let you become even more depraved; neither has He the heart to see you living in the filthy place like this, being trampled by Satan at will, or the heart to let you fall into Hades. He only wants to gain this group of you and thoroughly save you. This is the main purpose of doing the conquering work on you—it is just for salvation.” “Because the essence of God is holy, that means that only through God can you walk the bright, right road through life; only through God can you know the meaning of life, only through God can you live out a real life, possess the truth, know the truth, and only through God can you obtain life from the truth. Only God Himself can help you shun evil and deliver you from the harm and control of Satan. Besides God, no one and nothing can save you from the sea of suffering so that you suffer no longer: This is determined by the essence of God. Only God Himself saves you so selflessly, only God is ultimately responsible for your future, for your destiny and for your life, and He arranges all things for you. This is something that nothing created or non-created can achieve. Because nothing created or non-created possesses an essence of God such as this, no person or thing has the ability to save you or to lead you. This is the importance of God’s essence to man.” God’s words moved me deeply. In this dark and evil world, there were temptations and enticements everywhere, making us really feel hopeless and helpless. Had it not been for God’s salvation, I could only be devoured and trampled by Satan in the darkness, and ultimately perish and be destroyed. Recollecting my experience, I nearly got caught in extramarital affair as a result of my inability to see through man’s essence. It was God who enlightened me with His words in time, allowing me to have a knowledge of God’s righteous and unoffendable disposition, as well as a true understanding of Satan’s ugly face and sinister intention. Under the guidance of God’s words, I was able to triumph over the temptation and received God’s protection in the end. And I truly comprehended that only God can lead me onto the right path of human life; only God is my salvation, and my reliance. All the glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Experience, the Wonderful Ordination of the Creator

Looking back on my growth experience, I truly see the ordination of God though it is full of variables. From my childhood, my mother asked...